Fort Rock Family Camp

Looking for an adventure for the whole family? Fort Rock Family Camp and Retreat Center

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hard Times!

Spring for Susannah
by Catherine Richmond


   A very good book set in the pioneer era about a city girl becoming a farm wife.  I was caught by the story and pulled for the characters through hard times and was not ready for the story to end.  One thing I didn't care about was a discussion with a doctor on birth control.  I felt the story could have been better without such crude discussion.
   Overall the characters were described so well you felt like you knew them.  I would be interested in reading more books by this author. I would like to visit this pioneer community, but only for a few hours, I am too spoiled to modern  conveniences.   

No comments:

Post a Comment