Fort Rock Family Camp

Looking for an adventure for the whole family? Fort Rock Family Camp and Retreat Center

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Courage!

Reluctant Queen
by Joan Wolf

My favorite part of this book is the fact that the author showed that Esther's life fulfilled the purpose God had for her, and that God can use us too!

I rarely read fiction based on Bible stories because I want to keep my facts straight.  The author didn't base this story just on the facts--the Bible, but used secular history and her own imagination.  The story was very compelling and the characters were very believable. You felt the anxiety and betrayal in the climax.  I would recommend that all who read this would do as I have done and later read the Biblical account, so you can readjust the facts in your mind.

"For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"Esther 4:14

I hope that I can be like Esther and fulfill the purpose God has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment